Tuesday, February 19, 2008

community

I think the most important effect of technology is community. Didn’t you guys logged out right before you came to this blog? I did. I just realized that my bookmark folder (or favorites) has a list of 20 websites, and except bank and credit card ones they are all related to something that I am interested and share with other people. Both Roush and Holzschlag’s articles mentioned the “six degrees of separation” theory, and thanks to the internet, I think more and more people will spend their time on line.

The only disturbing thing (about the internet) is the life cycle of a website. It seems like a first generation website of one area (market) easily falls down after a second, third and fourth one… Maybe I am concerned too much, but rebuilding reputation, adding friends, or even remembering passwords are getting painful for someone like me, a lazy person. Sorry for a short post. Yeah, you see how lazy I am now!

No comments: