Friday, September 12, 2008

Storm Tracking From Wimberley

I have been following the conversation with half an eye, but have not had time to reply or post anything original pertaining to the current conversation. What I have been doing since last night is coordinating with friends and family as well as contacting some old weather casting friends in and around the Houston area. As you might know my son, daughter-in-law, her family, my ex and her family plus many friends are all in the path of Ike. My daughter and grand children are in College Station. All in all I have been in constant conversation with twenty plus friends and family trying to convince them to come here or find another alternative to "hunkering down". Even if there is no significant damage to them or their homes as a result of the storm, I know from past experience that they are in at least 48 hours of complete discomfort and power failure. As a broadcaster and the independent production company, I have been in many Gulf Coast storms. Not one of them was fun enough for me to have a "hurricane party" in. For now all are safe and moving to higher ground, even if they are not leaving the area completely. I would love to have been more involved in the on-line journalism discussion. It has been interesting reading. I will hopefully be able to contribute soon.

No comments: