Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Good morning!

Hey, everyone! Heather Steely here. I'm trying to play catch-up after my trip to Chicago for the long weekend, and I already feel behind! Is that even possible? Eeek! Anyway . . . this is my last semester of grad school and I'm currently working as a business analyst in the advertising department at the Statesman. It's not quite what I thought I'd be doing (I was thinking more along the lines of working for an ad agency) but I enjoy it. And there are some really exciting things going on at the paper right now . . . we're constantly trying out new online stuff to improve the website, and the parents want to sell us! I'm not quite sure how that will go, but I can't let myself worry about it until more information is available. Aside from that excitement, I wanted to take this class because newspapers are still pushing to maximize on online capabilities I just feel like there's so much more I need to know about the internet than I do now.

No comments: