Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hey kids!

I'm Kristin McCasland and I'm in my second year as a full-time grad student at Texas State. I started a new job this summer. I am an Associate Producer at KVUE in Austin. I have crazy hours but I work with a great group of people.

I've always had an interest in the Web and computers. I learned a lot in Cindy's class last semester and I look forward to learning more this semester. I'm really excited to learn more about multimedia production. After I graduate I hope to work as a web producer because the internet is the present and future of journalism. 

I signed up for Twitter this week. I also have accounts on Facebook and MySpace -- though I enjoy Facebook so much more! I have a blog that doesn't get updated too often. 

A little about my background: I am originally from Bay City, Texas. After graduating from college in 2005 I got a reporting job at The Bay City Tribune. I worked there for about six months and then decided to move to Austin/San Marcos to pursue my Master's degree. I look forward to graduating in May.  

No comments: