Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Aftermath

I grew up south of Houston and most of my family still lives there so I've been fairly stressed out this weekend. My mom lives near the Hilton hotel they have been showing on the news. Her neighborhood sustained some substantial wind damage. She lost two pine trees in her backyard and all the branches off one tree in the front yard. She faired well compared to some of her neighbors. The neighbor across the street had two trees fall onto her home. My sister drove up to Austin with her husband and three kids to stay with me during the storm. A friend checked on her home and she lost some shingles on the roof and parts of her fence. One of my friends that lives north of the 610 loop in Houston actually found seaweed on his front porch.

I am also shocked to see the devastation on Boliver Peninsula since I used to hang there with my friends in high school. We loved to camp on the beach or rent beach houses in the summer. From what I've seen on the news it's completely under water.  Check out some of these photos.

1 comment: