Tuesday, September 28, 2010

SXSW 2011 Panels

South by Southwest will be here soon and I CAN'T wait! I have never been before, but I have heard nothing but wonderful things from (literally) every person that has attended SXSW ! I look forward to the several different panels and the opportunity to meet and greet people that I would not be able to otherwise. There are so many different panels with several of them being very interesting...but here are the top 5 I found the MOST interesting pertaining to me and my professional career:

Creating a career in digital product design
hottest job design prospects for the next century
The reason this panel caught my attention is because I am very interested in digital design and the behind the scenes part of it but I need to gain a better understanding of how it all works and the tools used to make it all work!

The Secret Lives of Content Sites
I found this panel to be something of interest to me because I work in an environment where our website and the others we maintain have LOADS of content and unfortunately we don't know exactly what to do with it and how to deal with it sometimes... I think this panel will help me gain a different strategy towards tackling the content on our various sites.

Das Stiletto: Discovering ladykind in the Social Web
(Grace Carter)
This title is really what got me...and once I started reading more of the description I knew I wanted to attend this panel! It is very interesting to see the different ways things are marketed towards women and how women are viewed and understood in a technology world. I am eager to learn more about these 2 ladies and hear what they have to say!

When Facebook falls: Future proofing your social media efforts
(Justin Clements, Springbox)
Not that I really think Facebook will fall....but I am interested to see what Clements take is on Social Media efforts in general and the strategies he suggest in order to keep your social media world alive....no matter what.


Will new Apps re-invent Journalism
(Jon Lebkowsky)
Because I am (obviously) interested in journalism and eager to learn what can be done to "save" the industry I can't wait to see what this panel is all about.... I would love to hear more about the storytelling side of things and how it all relates.

I hope to attend these panels and MANY more at SXSW, as long as my schedule permits! I look forward to this experience :) Thank you Texas State and @cindyroyal for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this!






1 comment:

Truman said...

That's great that your school is sending you to SXSW! I'm going for the first time myself. I wasn't sure I would be able to afford it, but I was able to get a good deal on a room from a site called MetroFlats.com. Did your school pay for all the expenses?