Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Apple Does it Again...& Again & Again & Again.

On September 1, 2010, Apple announced some major innovations and upgrades. Apple has done an extraordinary job at creating an "aura" about its products. These products are not just objects. They are not just tools. They are not just toys. They are a lifestyle. Apple revolutionized the world as we know it. Apple is by far my favorite brand/company/riduculously awesome entity that took over the world/whatever you want to call it. People that know me know that Apple and I go together. We are 2 peas in a pod.---an iPod, that is. Haha, okay...enough with the jokes.

Steve Jobs' presentation in the Keynote in San Francisco September 1, 2010 informed us of many upgrades the company is unveiling. Steve Jobs is an archetype and a role model to me in the way that he speaks to the world. He has a certain way of exciting the crowd as he speaks with such amazing enthusiasm & without a doubt, wearing his solid black turtle neck shirt. The Keynotes are often referred to as "Stevenotes" and typically unveil the newest products and announcements to the public for the first time. It is safe to say that these Stevenotes have a definite causal relationship to the substantial swings we see in Apple's stock prices.

Apple has an undeniable ability/superpower to recognize weaknesses of their products and re-create them in a very timely manner. Apple has tapped into our "dislikes" about certain products and like a genie, it has granted our wishes beyond our wildest expectations.

Here are some of the new & improved Apple announcements that rock my world:

1) The new iPod Touch now has Facetime video calling capability AND HD video recording. I MEAN, COME ON----RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME!
2) I mean, seriously, the iPod Nano seems like a joke to me. It seems like something we would see in the Jetsons or something because it is so tiny but can do so much! For me, the iPod Nano was too small to enjoy and was not my favorite product because didn't have buttons that I usually prefered. The new and improved iPod Nano is now tinier and more savvy than ever with it's small size and weight still allowing for a touch screen. This is just amazing. I cannot believe how tiny it is while still bearing these capabilities.
3) The new Apple TV has a new & much nicer price. Now only $99, it is a lot more accessible to many more of us coming from the mid to upper 100's it costed previously. This thing is half the size it used to be and has HD quality with a huge selection of movies and television shows available to RENT & buy. Hmm, Steve, could you make TV watching a little more simple please? ;) This makes driving to the video store look like a joke. Say "goodbye," Blockbuster! One simple click from the Apple TV remote and you're rockin' and on your way to watching your favorite movie without ever leaving your living room. I own an Apple TV and LOVE it!
4) Another Apple product I got as a gift, but don't prefer to use on a regular basis is the iPod shuffle. I just didn't like the idea of not being able to see myself controlling the device on a screen. Now, I'm not complaining, of course I'm thankful to have any Apple product, I'm just being honest. It was nice to workout and run with because of its light weight, but still, I like to control what's going on with buttons. Now, of course the iPod Shuffle has buttons because Apple tapped into that weakness by imposing with its "awesomeness factor."
5) Ping is the "social network" King in the music world. It connects with your iTunes 10 and and allows music lovers to connect in ways that Facebook & Twitter allow people to connect. You can follow your favorite artists, see what your friends are listening to, etc. I think this is just a small preview of what is to come in the world of social networks. I love this idea!

I own Apple products and I have not one complaint about any of them EXCEPT the new iPhone 4. I have had horrible reception with the phone, but I am quick to forgive Apple as a company because I absolutely adore all their other products and for years have had minimal (if any) problems. I love Apple so much that I chose to buy stock in it with my graduation money I received from my grandfather. I have a lot of faith that it has a very prosperous and successful future ahead of them.

In my opinion, Apple has the ability to change the world. I know to some, that might sound a little extreme, but seriously--think about it. Apple has taken the idea of the classic "computer/tech geek" and transformed it into "awesome, cutting edge & cool." There is no other product in it's category that can stand up to the uniqueness and prototype of Apple. Apple, like most products, have competitors. But none can come close to the brilliant Mr. Steve Jobs who has made his company a way of life. No product feels the same when you use it. When you are using an Apple product, you can feel it. There is a feeling of authenticity that comes with each Apple product. Its products are user-friendly, dependable & backed with excellent customer service. This authenticity stems from the quality of its products and the cutting edge creativity the company has. This is what I love. I love Apple and think there is still very much to come from this one-of-a-kind anomaly of a company. For now, I will remain a loyal Apple consumer, investor and huge fan. Cheers, Apple!!! And, Jobs---YOU 'DA MAN!!!!!

No comments: