Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ARPANET to Skynet


After watching half of, “The Internet Behind the Web,” it made me ponder how could people get so engaged in punch cards and sitting at computers that are as big as my house with no screen. I would not be able to develop computers or the Internet like Vinton Cerf. It seems that is was a mundane job that was filled with tons of rejection and failure with their technology.

Thanks to these Internet pioneers, now I use the Internet in my every daily life. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if the Internet was never invented? Would NASA, our government, entertainment, and economy in the early 90’s boomed? This rapid pace of information from our computers and Internet has provided an ample amount of information that has change our way of life. Also, how far can we go with this technology and is our future going to look like an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie? Lastly, after watching the evolution of the internet I think it is funny how technology started out so simple but tedious then became very technical. Now in 2010 we have done a 360 and we are back to simple App technology that was first start by email.

No comments: