Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Project 3 Web Idea

So for project 3, I think I'm going to make a Web site for my mom, who manages vacation rental properties in New Braunfels. She's been talking about wanting a site for forever now, but she doesn't know how to do it, so I want to help her out with it. We own 2 properties in New Braunfels (a lake house on Lake Dunlap and a condo in Gruene) that she manages as well as another condo in the same complex (in Gruene) that we recently sold. She wants/plans to expand her property management business in the future, but for now she wants to increase rentals for all the properties during the on- and off-season, and have a site (to reference on her brochures and business cards) that people can go to for more information. I have a pretty good idea of how I think it should look and what pages, and information, it should contain...but there are a couple of things that I'm not exactly sure how to organize.

(1st page/index) HOME PAGE - Company name "A River Runs Thru It" with logo (also on all other pages) - still trying to decide what to put on this page -- I think there should be just some general information about New Braunfels and Gruene (my mom was kind of thinking of talking about all the things to do in NB-- BUT there's just so much to do there, I think it would be too "in your face" for the home page) Any suggestions? --- I was also thinking about some sort of "about" section on the company, like a summary of the properties listed, maybe a little something about my mom at the bottom with a small picture?

(2nd page) BLUEMOON INN LAKE HOUSE - pictures and information about property

(3rd page/4th page) CONDOS** (FIESTA, and TEJAS) --- There are 2 condos that will be featured, both themed very differently, and since she doesn't have more properties to manage yet, maybe for right now, the 2 condos should have their own pages with pictures and information about the property--- any thoughts or suggestions??

(5th page-depending on the page before) THINGS TO DO (still don't know about the page title) Information about different activities, events, restaurants, etc., with links (and/or link ups) to the sites

(6th page) CONTACT --- contact information; maybe a question/comment box in which the user can write something, and somehow it gets to my mom via email, etc...I was thinking something like that. Would that work?

No comments: