Monday, October 4, 2010

Wine is a hobby, no?

My hobby site will cover the wonderful world of wine. I chose this topic mainly because I love wine and want to learn more about it.

Austin is a great city for wine lovers. As the city grows, more and more wine bars have popped up. Austin wine bars offer something for everyone, ranging from casual/low-key to classy/posh. Most tasting rooms in Austin do a great job of creating a fun, inviting experience for people with all levels of wine experience. Many lean towards educating customers, helping them become more and more comfortable with the wine tasting experience with each pour :) Austinites are also very lucky because we're so close to many Hill Country wineries-there are over 25 to explore in the area! My favorite is Dry Comal Creek in New Braunfels.

I would like my site to be a place to share some of what I know about wine and be a resource for those interested in learning more about the topic. I plan to include the following sections in my site:
  • History of wine tasting
  • Major varieties of wine
  • Calender that includes upcoming wine events
  • Links to related sites
  • List of local wine bars
I look forward to sharing and hearing about your wine experiences and recommendations!

No comments: