Friday, October 1, 2010

Project #3 (organization/hobby web site)


I teach a class in Christian Apologetics on Sunday nights at 6 pm at Calvary Baptist Church, 1906 IH 35 N, San Marcos. (By the way, all are welcome to come! Get with me for details.) This class takes the form of a series of 12 Power Point lectures (~1 hour each), which would be greatly facilitated by having its own web presence! Going online with it would allow much of the materials I now distribute on a weekly basis to be posted online well in advance of the lessons, and would allow me to make links, resources, and such available on a 24-hour basis for attendees. (Yeah, I know the idea isn't original. I'm just "aping" how Cindy has our class set up! Yes, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.)

The site would consist of a Home page, a Lesson Outline page, a Resource page (also providing links to outside sources), and a Contact Information page. (Though probably too advanced for this exercise, as my web skills improve I hope to make the actual Power Point presentations downloadable from the Lesson Outline page!) I intend for this site to not just fulfill the requirements for a particular class exercise (at it turns out, building a site for both a hobby and an organization), but for it to actually be something I can continue to use and update on an ongoing basis long after MC5312 is over.

No comments: