Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Live Music Guide

Last weekend I had a few guests from California staying with me, and the thing they were most excited about doing in Austin was seeing live music. Since Austin is known as the "Live Music Capital," I didn't want them to be disappointed. As I went through all of the possible venues, upcoming shows, places to eat and park nearby, and other little tidbits, I started thinking that I should compile all of this information for my hobby site. That way, people from out of town (or locals who aren't familiar with Austin's music scene) have one place to find and plan their concert.

Right now I am planning on including a page explaining why I am creating the site, a calendar of upcoming events with links to artist bios and ticket information, a page describing most of Austin's major venues (with parking tips, average ticket prices, nearby restaurants, etc.), and a page for the ACL and SXSW festivals. Hopefully it will be a simple, convenient place for people to get all of the information they need to take advantage of the Austin music scene.

No comments: