Monday, October 18, 2010

The age of the Internet


After watching excerpts from each of those clips from "The true story of the Internet" I had lots of different things running through my head. I guess the main thing that stuck out in my mind was the fact that we have taken complete and total advantage of the internet and its many many MANY capabilities. Search is the first thing that comes to my mind. What did we do before google came along?!?!!?! I mean honestly, think about google I am not sure how I functioned before it was here.Think about Google and how smart that search engine really is, but yet it is all just a simple Algorithm, but WHAT in the world would we do without it.

I know that after seeing these videos, I was very intrigued by the people behind all of these remarkably innovative discoveries. These are young guys and yet they are making discoveries that will affect us for the rest of our lives. I will be interested to see what the World Wide Web has going on in 2020!~

On to People power - the world is changing the web, and the web is changing the world and yet it is controlled by NOONE! (at the moment, thank god)

Web 2.0 revolution - Digg, Facebook, Twitter, Gowalla, Foursqaure etc etc. The list is pretty lengthy and will continue to increase as time goes on. The advances of technology are not going to slow down, but only speed up so we better learn to keep up!

With Web 2.0 we are given more options as to what exactly we want to see and how we want to see it. We can filter the news we which to view and how often we want to view it. We have several different outlets available to us and i LOVE it! With the growth of the internet so far, the future will be an exciting thing for us! We are able to use and find information that we are interested in, without all the other fluff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Internet is ageless. This is the small world which connects people.


Watch Criminal Minds Episodes