Thursday, August 27, 2009

Welcome to the Online Media Blog!

cindy_royalWelcome to Online Media Design at Texas State University. On this blog, we'll talk about issues, comment on class discussion and share project ideas.I'm the instructor, Cindy Royal. I've been teaching Web design for 10 years, first as a graduate student at UT and now at Texas State. I've seen many of my students go on to online or multimedia careers. It's an exciting time to be in communications! As you probably know from other places online, there are many places online that you can learn about me. There's my personal Web site, my tech blog, my music blog OnThat Note and Twitter. Mainly, I love technology, am an avid live music fan and when I have time, I like to hike or kayak around Lady Bird Lake in Austin. I look forward to working with each of you this semester.

Once you are a member of this blog, it's easy to set up your own blog, maybe on a topic of your own interest. We'll be discussing in class.

I've used this blog in the past with other classes, so you can see some of the previous topics and posts.

So, I want to learn about you, and so does the rest of the class. Take a moment to introduce yourself. And, in your post, make a comment about the video we saw on the History of the Internet, something that you didn't know or found interesting.

1 comment:

Rob said...

I have a nervous excitement about this class. I'm excited to learn about the topic and eager to incorporate it into every aspect of my professional and academic career.