Monday, August 31, 2009

Hello all...from Dale

Hey everyone - I'm really excited about this class and it's been great to hear everyone's stories and backgrounds. As for me, I've been a producer at News 4 WOAI in San Antonio for the past nine years. I actually quit a couple of weeks ago and moved to San Marcos to focus on grad school. The stress of the news biz got to me and I decided it was time to do something new...and I've wanted to do this for five or six years now.

You can reach me on twitter. My handle is @normalguyguide. But I have to warn you - I tweet A LOT. Especially on Top Chef nights. So my feelings are never hurt if I get unfollowed...some people don't like to be bombarded. I mentioned in class that I was supposed to do a Top Chef blog for the San Antonio newspaper. It looks like that is on hold or won't happen now. They want me to blog as my real name and not my NormalGuy brand. That's a dealbreaker for me.

I thought the coolest part of the video was the story about email's invention. It was a completely sidebar little thing this guy tried out just because he thought it would be neat. And the title of "inventor of email" has to be one of the greatest ever. Imagine dropping that to someone at a bar. "What do you do? I created email. Sweet."

See everyone on Wednesday!

No comments: