Monday, August 31, 2009

Hello all! --- Yvonne

I'm really looking forward to this class and I'm ready to get my hands dirty with all the web building tools I'm so ignorant about...

As I said in class, I volunteered to be a webmaster for Lion's Club before I knew what that really meant. After I sent the humbling email that said basically 'Hey I don't actually know how to do this stuff,' ta-da, I'm in this class! So there's hope for me yet... I'd like to do their website for our class project if I can. (They're the ones who run the tube rental place in San Marcos that contributes all proceeds to local social service organizations, like the non-profit I work for Southside Community Center)

I also teach 2 labs of Kym Fox's MC1313 Writing for Mass Media, which I really enjoy. I know I'll be using tidbits I learn in this class and posing similar questions in the labs just to see what dialogue comes of it in class.

On the internet video, it's interesting/unsettling that we made our technological advances in times of military crisis or in some kind of international competition. That seems to be what really spurs our big decision makers to spend money and manpower to develop the things that really help us.

See you all soon :) ---- Yvonne Paris

No comments: