Friday, August 26, 2011

Sports and Graphic Design Fanatic!!!




Hi! My name is Denise Thompson. My major is Sports Management and I will be graduating in December. YAY!!! I am a full-time employee in the Texas State Athletic department (assistant director of sports information) and have been living in Texas for three years now. If you want, you can check out my bio here.


At my job I am also the graphic design coordinator, so I work with Photoshop and InDesign on a daily basis. The best part of my job is probably getting a chance to work with the student athletes and coaches and travel. Last year, my teams traveled to Cancun and Hawaii...best times of my life :) Here's a link to the photo gallery of the Hawaii trip with the softball team.


I am a military brat so I have lived in California, Florida, New Jersey and Tennessee before arriving here in Texas. I completed my undergrad at Fairleigh Dickinson University, which is in Teaneck, New Jersey. While in college, I was a four-year student-athlete on the track and field and finished my career with three Northeast Conference medals.

I enjoy designing and playing all kinds of sports. I watch ESPN religiously and my new favorite show is Against the Wall on Lifetime.

I am a PC person, because I work with them on a daily basis. Also, I have had so many crash on me, that I pretty much know how to fix the deathly blue screen that appears.

The video we watched in class definitely provided me with knowledge that I did not have before on the history of the internet. I thought it was so crazy how IBM and AT&T passed up on the opportunities to be a part of the one thing we all can't live without. It was cool to see how email got its name and how it was created. I wonder what else I will learn next class.

~Denise

No comments: