Monday, August 29, 2011

The First..


Hey everyone!

My name is Chelsea Roeder and I just graduated from Texas State University in May with a degree in public relations and a minor in business. This is my first semester of graduate school, obviously, and I am really excited to be taking online media design. I think it's going to be really interesting and I am definitely going to be learning a lot that I didn't know before.

I grew up in the beautiful hill country and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I absolutely love it. I have a younger sister who goes to Texas State as well. We get asked if we are twins a lot, but there is over a two year age difference!! It's crazy. I also have a dog, Rylee, and a cat, Bojangles, (silly name, I know) that I love to pieces.

Last summer I did an internship at Reunion Ranch doing weddings. I helped the wedding coordinator plan and run weddings. It was a little intimidating at first, but after I got through my first wedding it was really cool. I've always loved planning events and seeing them come together, so it was a really cool experience.

The video we watched in class was very interesting. I can't imagine not having the internet and it's crazy to think that not too long ago the internet was just an idea and not something real. I thought it was really cool to see and hear what the pioneers of the internet were thinking at the time and how they were able to overcome a lot of early obstacles. I think one of the cool things that I learned from the video was that it wasn't created at first for the uses that we use it for today, but for a way for the government to still be able to communicate if all other means of communication, the telephone, were destroyed in a catastrophe.

I'm looking forward to finishing the video next time in class and I'm excited to see what is in store for this semester.

See y'all in class!

-Chelsea

No comments: