Monday, August 29, 2011

Hello


My name is DeMond Adkison. I am from Dallas, Texas, born and raised. Which also happens to be the home of the 2011 NBA Champions which I am very ecstatic about. I got my bachelor's degree from Texas State in 2010. My major was marketing. I decided to go into mass communication because I was so sick of hearing the same thing in my marketing classes. It is so "black and white" so I decided to change majors and get some more "color" in my background so that I would be more well-rounded and learn to communicate better. I have really enjoyed my time in San Marcos and in graduate school. It has been so enlightening and eye opening for me. I have recently become very interested in technology and all the new things happening and the changes that are taking place. I find myself reading the website Fast Company a lot while I am at work. I provide freedom and independence to people with limited mobility at The Scooter Store in New Braunfels. I am a huge, huge Michael Jackson fan. I happen to have received an original lp of the Thriller album. It's my new prized possession.

I had seen the video from a class with Cindy this summer. The part of the video that stuck out so much to me was the fact that the only reason they looked more into computers was for the space program and NASA. It amazes me how they explored computers to send a shuttle into space, and now that program, NASA's shuttle program, is no longer around. So the fact that their tunnel vision was using computers simply to send a shuttle into space, and the computer has outlasted the shuttle program. It just shows how far we have come and also how far we still have to go with them.

And since it is his birthday... A little Michael "Smooth Criminal":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWucYbAp8Lk



If you want to read an article on the end of the shuttle program:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/21/us-space-shuttle-idUSTRE76I11420110721

1 comment:

Susan Raybuck said...

Hi DeMond, I think a friend of mine works at the same Scooter Store you do. Do you know Johnelle Turner?