Monday, August 30, 2010

Doozo yoroshiku!

My name is Veronica Arellano. Fall 2010 will mark my 2nd semester as a Mass Comm grad student here at good ol' Texas State.

I graduated from Texas A&M University - Kingsville with a degree in Radio & Television production. As an undergrad, I spent my time DJ'ing for TAMUK's 91.1 The One and working with the campus television news channel. For now, I've hung up my DJ hat.

I'm pretty interested in viral campaigns and guerrilla marketing and would love Love LOVE to work with companies that do those kinds of crazy things. Doing something like that or working for Nickelodeon/Adult Swim/any cartoon network would be super cool for me. If any of those jobs required me to travel, I'd drop to my knees and thank Jesus for giving me my dream job.

Besides aiming for a Master's in Mass Comm, I came to Texas State to study Japanese. Growing up, I loved anime and never really thought about where it came from. However, when I graduated from high school, I began to appreciate all the other aspects the island of Japan had to offer and I've been hooked ever since.

When I'm not reading manga or watching an unhealthy amount of Korean pop music videos, I play with my two pups, Baxter and Bradley.

I've dabbled in HTML and CSS before and can work my way around code to a small degree. Lord knows I prefer straight up coding to Dreamweaver but I am eager to learn! I'm really looking forward to this semester since I had a pretty rough summer. Time to hit F5 and refresh!

Twitter: VeeFantastic

No comments: