Monday, August 30, 2010

Intro Post




Hello everyone! My name is Yomali de la Cerda. I am new here to San Marcos so if anyone wants to show me the town, i'd greatly appreciate it! I've lived here for a whole 10 days as of today :) I just moved here from Brownsville, Texas where I did my undergrad in Communication Studies and Mass Media at the University of Texas at Brownsville. Most people don't know where my itty bitty home town is, so I usually have to say, "It's about 30 min from South Padre Island..." and many immediately know. I have to say it's quite a luxury living next to the beach... one i didn't appreciate until i moved away. Brownsville is also a border with Mexico which is also very interesting. But I digress...
This is my first semester as a Graduate student. I obtained my degree in May 2010 and decided I was not ready to stop learning and I jumped right into my master's. I took many media, advertising and other design classes in my undergrad and I was very intrigued by it all. I'm familiar with working most design programs but mostly InDesign and Photoshop. I figured this would be a great class to take for my first semester. I have done some website design as part of my assignments but nothing on a professional level. I am excited to learn how to work all these other programs!
In my free time I enjoying living my life as any other 22 year old. I enjoy traveling, working out, going out, golf, guns and such. I'm a secret foodie...or at least i try to be. I love trying all kinds of food. I'm sort of a female Andrew Zimmern, or at least i try to be. Since i just moved here, i'm currently unemployed (not that i was employed before..) but i am searching for maybe a little part time job for now, so if anyone has any leads...let me know!
Other than that, i'd love to get to meet new people since i just moved here. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and especially looking forward to the class and my first semester of grad school.

My facebook is Facebook.com/yomali which is the easiest way to find me and keep up with me i'm not much of a tweeter ahha I do have a twitter but I just use it to stalk celebrities... I know embarrassing and lameeee hahaha but here it is anyways @yomalers

k bye for now:)

1 comment:

Vee Fantastic said...

Hey Yomali! I'm from San Benito! :D