Thursday, September 24, 2009

I want a lava lamp in my office, too.

I think Google's office environment and how they run their company are directly related to their success.  We saw in the video how there are games, chairs and lava lamps set up all over the over.  I've heard that there is a child day care center on site, as well as an exercise area and a gourmet cafe, and I heard that employees can bring their pets to work.  I think this type of environment fosters creativity, which is an integral part of Google.  Gmail, Google Labs, Gchat, everything is full of creativity and good design.

I think companies should take note of this little business tactic.  If you treat your employees well, and give them a place to grow their knowledge and creativity, they are going to produce some pretty spectacular things for you.

No comments: