Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hello Everyone!

My name is Giovanni Metcalf. I'm from El Paso Texas. I moved to San Antonio to attend St. Mary's, where I received my bachelors in English communications. After I graduated I moved to Austin, where I have almost lived for two years. I currently work at the Hyatt Regency on Townlake, as the hotel concierge. I love my job! The Perks are great and I get to meet a lot of interesting people. I'm still not sure what I would like to do once I get my masters. For the longest time I wanted to work in the music industry, within publicity and promotions, dealing primarily with electronic music. Now I think I might want to pursue nursing. Who knows what I want? I'm really looking forward to this class. Not so much getting the twitter account, which I have managed to avoid until now. Recently, my boss asked me to spice up the guest services web page at work. I had put the project on hold, but hopefully after a few classes I can actually get the ball rolling.

The video we saw on the history of the Internet was interesting. I've seen some similar videos in the past, but its always nice to remember how far we have come since the beginning.

No comments: