Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Great meeting everyone, definitely looking forward to a challenging class

Hello all, from T.C. Sprencel. Well I can tell that I am probably the least-experienced student in the class, at least in terms of what we will be doing and learning. My cultivation in the new media realm is limited to rudimentary website design and casual use with networking sites like Facebook and Myspace. But that's why I'm here; one can hardly expect to master a skill without confronting ignorance. I certainly look forward to working with, and learning from, all of you.

I have yet to nail down my educational/career aspirations. I do have several areas of strong interest, including writing, comedy and humor, baseball, food, and travel. So I'm just waiting for the niche to emerge for, perhaps, the satirically-driven traveling ballpark food critic! In all seriousness, though, I eagerly await both the education and direction with which I hope to be endowed after taking classes such as this one.

After watching the video in our first class, I can only marvel at the reduction of the seemingly infinite amalgamation of information that is the internet into such basic components. It's kind of like a six-page calculus problem: one rarely recognizes the simplicity of that first step in the grand scheme of things. With that in mind, I look forward to building upon my very simple understanding of our subject matter, so that one day I'll have the knowledge to look back and wonder why I was ever intimidated by the intricacy of new media.

No comments: