Monday, November 17, 2008

My final project idea

In fears of being pigeon holed as a beer nerd (knurd), I am doing my final project, in conjunction with my final feature for the Media Writing course, on Austin breweries and brew pubs. 

The print portion would be something like this, but in Austin, and I would create an interactive web portal to compliment. 

As far as the "newsworthiness" goes, it would definitely be something that could be a possible feature in the food and wine or travel section of a news paper/magazine, and Austin is beginning to make a name for itself among the national craft/micro brewery scene (Uncle Billy's Brew and Que won a silver medal at the Great American Beer Fest). 

I'm hoping to hit up three or four local breweries (depending on time and cooperation) and do a mini run down on each, including video, images and some links. 

And I have high hopes to create an interactive tour map of all the locations I visit. 

So pigeon hole me if you must, but I figure if I am going to pour hours of effort into something, it doesn't hurt that it is something I have already nerded out on. 

These are for fun...





And lastly.

No comments: