Monday, November 17, 2008

Final Project

I was thinking of doing my final project on responsible dog ownership. I'll focus on the shiba inu (type of dog) since I have two of them. There is an internet sensation of some shiba puppies online here: Shiba puppies - this video has been discussed on various news sites and on TV. But with all this coverage also comes people who go out and buy a dog on the 'cuteness' factor without researching properly. There is also the issue of people who purchase puppies from back yard breeders and/or from pet stores (the later is notorious for getting puppies from puppy mills).

So, I will discuss responsible pet ownership, buying puppies from a reputable breeder, or adopting from a rescue group or animal shelter, socializing dogs properly, etc. I have tons of shiba pictures I have taken from meetups and of my dogs so I'll have a slideshow with or without music (I haven't decided yet.)

No comments: