Sunday, November 16, 2008

Final Project

Hey Everyone! After much introspection and thorough calculations, I'm still not sure what to do this project on. I really want to cover fixed-gear biking or longboarding still, but I'm not sure what kind of angle to take. I want to make it at least a little newsworthy and less of a documentary kind of thing.

I was also thinking about doing something on the homeless in Austin or finding a way to localize consumerism. My mind is in a lot of places right now!

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

carina said...

I think the idea of a story on the homeless in Austin sounds very interesting. You could have interviews or slide shows with quotes.

Jessica said...

I kind of agree with Carina. The longboarding would be more like a hobby or documentary site unless you could come up with a really good angle. Maybe you could incorporate The Advocate (I think that's what it's called) which is a newspaper created by homeless people in Austin.

lewiscknight said...

John,

Maybe I'm off base on this, but I don't think a story needs to be a social issue to be a story. If you have more passion about bikes and long boards, do a great feature story. My career at Good Morning Houston was based on feature news not hard news and not socially redeeming news, but on fun news and everyone loved it. We had the highest ratings that time slot ever saw for that station and probably ever will.