Tuesday, October 13, 2009

sxswi

I was a volunteer for SXSW for years in the late 90's and early 2000's, but never for the interactive part. I'm excited to hopefully be a part of the conference in 2010 via Cindy's class.

Since I'm a huge BBC fan, Roo Reynolds jumped-out at me. Reynolds was a panelists in 2009 with the BBC and previously on a panel in 2008 while with IBM. He has been an advocate of virtual platforms for many years. While with IBM, Reynolds worked to promote and design virtual worlds on their intranet and public space. Currently with BBC Vision, he is Portfolio Executive of Social Media. In this role he brings BBC's message to social mediums like, gaming, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, and various blogs.

I would've loved to have heard Larry Harvey speak about all that is Burning Man. I've never been to the festival (and I don't think I could handle it), but it fascinates me. I recently watched the documentary on Burning Man and Harvey is truly a visionary when it comes to art and music events that depend heavily on social media. Very cool panelist.

No comments: