Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The past SXSW speakers I chose were:

1. Heidi Adams, founder of Plant Cancer. Survivor of sarcoma cancer, Adams travels nationally speaking about the needs of young cancer survivors. Adams provides weekend retreats for young cancer survivors offering support and inspiration. Through her innovation Adams was able to create a community that is extremely important to cancer survivors. Heidi Adams stood out to me because I lost my aunt to hodgkin's lymphoma eight years ago. She was only 29 years old.

2. Jacinta Brondgeest is a songwriter, performer, producer and owner of her own record label chunky music. Originally from Sydney Australia, Jacinta now runs her business from the United States. Here she has hit the top of the dance music charts and continues to have tons of success. As a women in the music industry I find her success to be very inspiring.

For Project 3 I have decided to put together an Austin Concierge website. My site will include everything from music, food, shopping and news about things happening in Austin. I chose this topic because its something that I do everyday at my job and I enjoy doing it.

No comments: