Saturday, August 30, 2008

Introducing....Me


Hi everyone,
It's your instructor here. I know most of you, and heaven knows, there's lots about me online. I'm friends with many of you on a variety of social networks. Feel free to friend me on Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, follow me on Twitter. And, if you didn't join WebPubNET last semester, you will have a chance to do that again this time. It's been very helpful in getting people connected when it comes to job hunting. And, it's just a good way to stay in touch.

I also have a delicious page, where I bookmark articles that I find to discuss in class. And, I started a tech blog at cindytech.wordpress.com . I also do a music blog at onthatnote.com and I started doing a newsletter for TX Music Magazine. No wonder I'm always on the computer.

I am the proud owner of a 3G iPhone, making me very obnoxious at parties and social events ("let me look that up"). In my spare time, I do research on social networking, so I can one day receive tenure and the resulting job security. I'm happy to have the opportunity to work at TX State teaching online skills and concepts. It is an exciting time to be in media. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you about what's been going on and what you hope to learn this semester.

Please add links and images to your posts! The photo with this post was taken at SXSW this year, before the Web Awards. The grad student group blogged the event at sxtsu.blogspot.com . Pictured are Sunday Udoetok, Theresa Fore (neither of which are still in the program) and Jon Zmikly.

Cindy

No comments: