Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dance at CUNY

As an old dude myself, I'm very impressed with the accomplishments of Dance at such a young age (although I'm not so sure about his choice of hairstyle). As with most of these presentations to students, he lets them know that they need to seek a career doing something that they love. Great advice.

I agree with him that we are experiencing a very exciting time in journalism. Where is journalism headed; in particular, what is going to happen to newspapers? It is good to know that the NY Times is embracing the web and utilizing their site to be a usable supplement to their daily printed paper.

One of the reasons I returned to school is to get training in this area. I hope to be able to utilize my experience as a video journalist to either teach, or apply my skills to the web.

No comments: